Blog Archive

Friday, January 11, 2013

The Reasons Why Soft Drinks Could Cause Depression - Dr Briffa's e-newsletter - 13th January 2013

 

Dear Kelley
 
Could sugary and diet sodas cause depression?
 
A study just announced links consumption of sugary and diet soft drinks with an increased risk of depression, while coffee appears to protect against this condition. In one of my blog posts this week, I offer mechanisms that might explain these associations. For more on this, click this link.
 
Some reasons why yoghurt might make a good basis for breakfast
 
I don't eat breakfast that often these days, but when I do there's a fair chance it will be based on plain yoghurt. In one of my blog posts this week, I explain my reasoning for including this food in my diet with some science thrown in for good measure. For more on this, click this link.
 
The nonsense of insurance company policy on cholesterol 
 
One of my blogs this week focuses on the fact that people with 'raised' cholesterol can be refused insurance or see huge hikes in their premiums. I explain why these policies are based on faulty premises and serve neither the individual nor the insurance companies. For more on this, click this link.

To your good health!
 
Dr John Briffa
 
www.drbriffa.com

 

Woolaston House
17-19 View Road
Highgate
London N6 4DJ
UNITED KINGDOM

Unsubscribe | Change Subscriber Options